Welcome New Scouts to Troop 180. You will begin your “Trail to 1st Class” soon after you join.
In preparation for your first Scoutmaster conference for the rank of Scout:
- Repeat the Pledge of Allegiance.
- Demonstrate the Scout sign, salute, and handshake.
- Demonstrate tying the square knot (a joining knot).
- Understand and agree to live by the Scout Oath or Promise, Law, motto, and slogan, and the Outdoor Code.
- Describe the Scout badge.
- Complete the pamphlet exercises. With your parent or guardian, complete the exercises in the pamphlet “How to Protect Your Children from Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide“.
- Participate in a Scoutmaster conference.